Immersive Exploration in a Supportive Environment
Next NYC seminar: Saturday, November 17, 2018. If you’ve not yet worked with Michael, you may enroll for a seminar by registering on this site. (Current students can simply inform Michael that they wish to attend.)
Want to let go of whatever is getting in the way of your greatness as a singer? Come discover how starting with kindness towards yourself creates the possibility of having all your seeming problems dissolve without effort.
Michael has developed three complementary vocal seminars based in kindness to self and others which he offers throughout the year. (See upcoming dates in the FAQ below.) The participants have not only enjoyed a great time and made new friends, they also have discovered new possibilities of skill, coordination, and well-being for themselves as singers and in every area of their lives.
You can experience these profound results for yourself by attending any one of the FBFV seminars or by tapping into the powerful body+mind+breath combination of all three!
- After all your training and practice, don’t you want to always have access to your full singing potential?
- Don’t you want a reliable technique that is consistently there when you need it most, such as at performances or auditions?
- Don’t you want to sound as great when singing in front of people as you do in the privacy of your home?
- Don’t you want full, easy, relaxed breathing that gives you confidence and supports every nuance of the music you are performing?
You aren’t alone! We all desire these assets but are from time to time blocked from singing our best by physical and mental habits that interfere with the skills we have developed.
Michael’s transformative trio of seminars will show you how to identify and let go of such obstacles. In FreeBody = FreeVoice, you will learn how to identify and release habits of tension and poor coordination that get in the way of your vocal technique. In Your Voice & Your Inner Voice, you will learn how to prevent negative thoughts from sabotaging your voice, stifling your creative process, and sapping the joy from your experience. In Whole-Body Breathing, you will learn a powerful practice technique that frees your breath, eases your body, and unleashes your musicality.
Attending all three seminars will completely transform your ability to shine! You will feel
- great in your body
- happier and calmer in your thoughts
- secure and relaxed in your breathing
All these seminars involve light-spirited exercises/games, discussions, and a master class format in which each participant will have the option of singing any piece of music with accompaniment from a professional pianist. To ensure that everyone gets plenty of time to sing, a maximum of 8 participants will be enrolled for each seminar. Register early to reserve your spot!
Here are some of the benefits you’ll experience by attending each seminar:
FreeBody = FreeVoice
- Gain mastery over your posture and coordination
- Learn how to let your breathing occur naturally to support your singing
- Feel relaxed and at ease on stage and off
- Let go of interfering tension in your jaw, tongue, neck, shoulders…anywhere it occurs
- Find out how YOUR unique voice can emerge without interference
Your Voice & Your Inner Voice
- Learn how to stop being bullied by the negative thoughts in your head
- Increase your confidence
- Connect deeply with the music and your audience
- Communicate easily with other singers, accompanists, conductors, audition panels
- Become brilliantly YOU in the world!
- Experience natural, automatic breathing
- Discover the ability to effortlessly sustain long phrases
- Enjoy vocal ease, stability, and power
- Enhance your musical phrasing, rhythmic accuracy, and other elements of your artistry
- Improve your posture & coordination without effort
You will discover physical ease and peace of mind—available even while you are singing under stressful conditions!
What People Are Saying About FBFV Full-Day Seminars
Working with Michael is always magical! He has an amazing balance of relaxed playfulness and focused precision when teaching. His seminar helped shed light on that voice in my head that says I’m not good enough or I’m not “there” yet. Throughout the class I became more and more aware of how untrue these thoughts are! I was able to slow down and feel content exactly as I was. I found so much joy singing and listening to my wonderful classmates. Michael is so gifted in how he guides his students towards finding relaxation, joy and their true voice, always aware of the connection between mind, body, and voice.
- Thank you so much for hosting yesterday’s seminar. You and the class really helped open me up and get past some of those inner voices that hold me back when singing. I think of it like that Warner Brother’s cartoon where a tiny frog suddenly breaks out singing in a huge voice — I feel like a frog transformed into a singer. You really do have a way of bringing out the best in a singer and I very much appreciate having the opportunity to learn from you . I’ll see you soon at the next studio class. Thank you again!
Michael Hanko is a gifted voice instructor, combining thorough technical knowledge with a keen ear for efficient and easeful singing. His words and guidance are clear, and the effects of his precise work are immediate.
- Emerging and professional singers of all genres who are looking for an in-depth learning experience
- Singers who enjoy a communal atmosphere of fun and learning
- Singers who have been disillusioned with the harsh, judgmental manner in which vocal instruction often takes place and are seeking a compassionate, supportive environment in which to explore under the guidance of a master teacher
Whole-Body Breathing will take place on Saturday, November 17, 2018, from 9:45 am to 4:15 pm.
(All seminars include a break for lunch/socializing.)
These events are held at convenient locations in Manhattan easily accessible by public transportation. You will receive more detailed information when you register.
SAVE THE DATES! These seminars will be offered again in 2019. Put these dates on your calendar now:
FreeBody = FreeVoice January 19, 2019 (And again in April 2019.)
Your Voice & Your Inner Voice February 23, 2019 (And again in May 2019.)
Whole-Body Breathing March 23, 2019 (And again in June 2019.)
The fee for any single seminar is $225.
FreeBody = FreeVoice, Your Voice & Your Inner Voice, and Whole-Body Breathing are scheduled close together to give singers the opportunity for a complete mind+body+breath transformation. To make it easier to take advantage of this complete experience, Michael offers these discounts for purchasing more than one seminar at a time: The combination of any 2 seminars costs $400 (save $50). The complete package of 3 seminars costs $550 (save $100).
Email Michael to request attendance. He will email you back more information as well as a link to pay. Your spot will be confirmed once your payment is received. (Michael’s students may also register and pay for seminars in person at their lessons.) If you feel the impulse to attend, email Michael now: only the first 8 singers to register will be enrolled.
REFUND POLICY: Your payment includes a non-refundable deposit of $50 per seminar. The remainder of your payment will be refunded if you cancel earlier than 1 week before the seminar. No refunds will be issued for cancellations in the final 7 days before the seminar. Exceptions for extraordinary circumstances may be made at my discretion. Seminars will not be held if minimum enrollment is not met. In such a case, your entire payment will be refunded.
Subscribe to my newsletter to be notified other upcoming group class dates and locations.