Books you can read for additional insight
- Bel Canto: Principles and Practices (1950)
- The Free Voice (1965)
- Voice: Psyche and Soma (1975)
- Man’s Supreme Inheritance (1918)
- Constructive Conscious Control of the Individual (1923)
- The Use of the Self (1931) — This is a good introduction to Alexander’s writings
- The Universal Constant in Living (1941)
- Body Learning (2nd ed. 1996) — A great introduction to the Alexander Technique, this was how I found out about it
Pedro De Alcantara
- The Alexander Technique: A Skill for Life (1999) — another wonderful introductory book
- Indirect Procedures (new edition 2013) — highly recommended introduction to the Alexander Technique, esp. for musicians
John Upledger, D.O.
- Your Inner Physician and You: Craniosacral Therapy (1997) — by the originator of Craniosacral Therapy
Pierre Barral, D.O.
- Understanding the Messages of Your Body: How to Interpret Physical and Emotional Signals to Achieve Optimal Health (2007) — by the originator of Visceral Manipulation/Neural Manipulation
I highly recommend these experts, all of whom I have exchanged services with. Everyone on this list is highly skilled, intelligent, compassionate, and fun to be around.
- Kaori (Abby) Abe, Reiki
- Anne Hammel, Craniosacral Therapy & Visceral Manipulation
- George Russell, chiropractic, bodywork, movement therapy
- David Weintraub, Licensed Massage Therapist & Life Coach