full-day seminars in nyc
immersive exploration in a supportive environment: learn how to let go of whatever is getting in the way of your greatness as a singer
Coming in the fall of 2017: Two brand-new seminars. Attend either or save on the powerful body+mind combination of both!
Do you ever sing below your potential, despite lots of training and practice?
Does your technique seem to fly out the window when you need it most, such as at performances or auditions?
Do you sound great in the privacy of your home, but fall to pieces when singing in front of people?
You aren't alone! We are all from time to time blocked from singing our best by physical and mental habits that interfere with the skills we have developed.
My upcoming duo of seminars will show you how to identify and let go of such obstacles. In the first seminar, FreeBody = FreeVoice, you will learn how to identify and release habits of tension and poor coordination that get in the way of your vocal technique. In the second seminar, Your Voice & Your Inner Voice, you will learn how to prevent negative thoughts from sabotaging your voice, stifling your creative process, and sapping the joy from your experience. Registering for both seminars will completely transform your ability to shine! You will feel great in your body and happier and calmer in your thoughts.
Both seminars involve light-spirited exercises/games, discussions, and a master class format in which each participant will have the option of singing any piece of music with accompaniment from a professional pianist. To ensure that everyone gets plenty of time to sing, a maximum of 12 participants will be enrolled for each seminar. Register now to reserve your spot!
Here are some of the benefits you will experience from attending FreeBody = FreeVoice:
- gain mastery over your posture and coordination
- learn how to let your breathing occur naturally to support your singing
- feel relaxed and at ease on stage and off
- let go of interfering tension in your jaw, tongue, neck, shoulders...anywhere it occurs
- find out how YOUR unique voice can emerge without interference
Here are some of the benefits you will experience from attending Your Voice & Your Inner Voice:
- learn how to stop being bullied by the negative thoughts in your head
- increase your confidence
- connect deeply with the music and your audience
- communicate easily with other singers, accompanists, conductors, audition panels
- become brilliantly YOU in the world!
You will discover physical ease and peace of mind—available even while you are singing under stressful conditions!
Who are these seminars for?
- Singers of all genres and levels who are looking for an in-depth learning experience
- Singers who enjoy a communal atmosphere of fun and learning
- Singers who have been disillusioned with the harsh, judgmental manner in which vocal instruction often takes place and are seeking a compassionate, supportive environment in which to explore under the guidance of a master teacher
When and where do the seminars take place?
FreeBody = FreeVoice will take place on Saturday, September 30, 2017, from 9:45 am to 5:15 pm.
Your Voice & Your Inner Voice will take place on Saturday, November 4, 2017, from 9:45 am to 5:15 pm.
(Both seminars include a 90-minute break for lunch/socializing.)
The location is Ripley-Grier Studios in Manhattan. You will receive more detailed information when you register.
What is the cost of the seminars?
The fee for either 6-hour seminar is $240. If you register and pay for both seminars, the combined fee is $430—saving you $50.
SPECIAL OFFER: SAVE $80! I am offering an early registration bonus: sign up for both seminars by midnight on September 16, 2017 and get them both for only $400—a savings of $80.
Email me to request attendance at either seminar or both. I will email you back more information as well as a link to pay. Your spot will be confirmed once I receive your payment. (My students may also register and pay for seminars in person at their lessons.) If you feel the impulse to attend, email me now: only the first 12 singers to register will be enrolled.
Subscribe to my newsletter to be notified other upcoming group class dates and locations.
Here's a short video with comments from some of my students for anyone who wants to get an idea of what it's like to work with me: