Evening Master Class Series:
Mastering The Art of Vocal Performance
Want to ensure that your technique will be reliable when you need it the most: under the challenging conditions of auditioning and performing? These master classes will raise your level of confidence by showing you how to have consistent access to your technique in any situation. Michael’s expert coaching along with the atmosphere of collegial support he creates elicits strong performances from each participant. Those singers who have made it a habit to attend the classes regularly have experienced—often in a matter of just a few weeks—dramatic shifts in their technical and artistic skills and their comfort in singing in public.
These classes are an incredible value. Each time you attend you’ll enjoy
- a limited class size so that everyone who wishes to can sing for the group.
- a professional pianist on hand to accompany you (included in the class fee).
- gentle coaching from Michael that will elicit your best technique effortlessly.
- the camaraderie of a friendly group of like-minded singers.
- the most supportive audience you will likely ever sing for!
Upcoming Class Series
6:30 – 8:30 PM, All 4 Tuesdays in September
- My next series of classes, called The Cabaret of Love, will be a new, longer format and are limited to a maximum of 7 singers.The name evokes not only our shared love of music and performing, but also the atmosphere of non-judgment and support we’ll create for each other in the classes. As one of my students shared last winter: “In these classes, with the friendly support of Michael and all the other singers, I feel confident and able to sing at my highest level. For the first time singing in front of an audience, I actually had fun!”
Contact me now to register now if you’re interesting in joining us for this series.
Frequently Asked Questions
Emerging and professional singers of all genres
Yes: a professional pianist will be on hand. If you’d like accompaniment for your song or aria, please bring an extra copy of the sheet music for the pianist (in your chosen key). You may also accompany yourself on piano or another instrument.
MAVP is held on specified evenings at a Manhattan location easily accessed by public transportation—often the Balance Art Center in Chelsea or Ripley-Grier Studios at 520 Eighth Avenue.
What People Are Saying About FBFV Weekly Classes
My work with Michael has allowed me to sing with a level of ease and consistency I had never thought possible. His teaching is clear, practical, and flexible. I have greatly benefited from working with this insightful and patient technician.
I am in awe of Michael’s knowledge of the human voice and how he is immediately able to diagnose the problems and concerns of the pupil and to proceed to offer suggestions and demonstrations to address these problems. He allows everyone to find their unique voice!
As a voice student of Michael’s for the past several years, I’ve found him to be a very gifted teacher. In his group classes he creates a safe space for participants to try out repertoire and find new approaches. He has an amazing ability to focus on exactly what I am doing in the moment and make a suggestion that has an immediate impact on my level of performance. Class members learn a lot from watching Michael work with each other and we have fun together!
This weekly master class is the perfect venue in which singers can prepare pieces for upcoming auditions or performances.
Michael will offer technical and artistic guidance and a professional pianist will be on hand to accompany you in your chosen song or aria. Class size is limited so that everyone who wishes to sing will have the opportunity to do so.
During each class, Michael attentively fosters a supportive, non-critical atmosphere in which you will easily access your brilliance in all aspects of performance:
- Vocal Technique
- Musical and Dramatic Interpretation
- Stage Presence
- Connection to Your Audience